Entrance Exam: For admission into B.Ed (Bachelor of Education) Course in Tamil Nadu, an entrance exam is going to take place under single window system which is going to take place by the Lady Willingdon Institute of Advanced study in Education (Autonomous), Chennai-5 for 21 colleges (two IASE’s, 5 government colleges and 14 Aided education colleges).
Eligibility: Those who have secured 50% of marks and above in part III of Degree examinations alone need apply for B.Ed., course. This will be relaxed for SC / ST candidates.
Eligibility Exception: There shall be a relaxation of marks in favor of SC and ST candidates as per norms of the State Govt. and the NCTE.
Age limit: There is no upper age limit for admission to B. Ed. Courses.
Method Subjects: Art, Bangla, Bio-logical Science, Chemistry, Economics, English, Geography, Hindi, History, Integrated Science, Mathematics, Music, Physics, Political Science, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Social Science, Tamil, Urdu are available and the offer of admission will be given as per availability of seats and subjects of the College concerned.
* Each student will be on probation for 50 working days from the date of admission and the student found unsuitable will be dismissed by the Principal.
* During the period of training, students should not appear for any other examination and interviews.
* Students will not ordinarily be granted any leave in advance or in continuation of the Mid – term / Christmas / Pongal or any other scheduled holidays.
How to Apply: Any student seeking admission to B.Ed course has to appear for the above said common B.Ed Entrance Examination and she has to apply separately to the college where she seeks admission. Reservation of seats for Candidates belonging to BC, MBC, SC and ST communities and handicapped (both Physical and Visual) and for widow and ex-servicemen will be made as per the rules and regulations of Tamilnadu State Government.
Application Fees: Cost of the application is Rs 300/- and Rs 175/- for SC/ST candidates (SC/ST candidates should submit the copy of their community certificate). Amount can be paid in cash or through a demand draft drawn in favour of the Secretary, Tamilnadu B.Ed admissions, Chennai-5 from any nationalized or from any scheduled banks payable at Chennai
Rank List preparation:
Admission will be made on the rank list prepared using the following criteria.
1. The percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in part III at the UG degree (both UG and PG Candidates)
2. Weightage of marks for higher qualification
- For Candidates with PG - 4 Marks
- For Candidates with M.Phil - 5 Marks
- For Candidates with Ph.D - 6 Marks
3. Candidates with PG qualification only are eligible to apply for Economics, Commerce and Home Science Subjects.
4. NSS 10 day’s camp/NCC-B/C certificate /Sports University /District I/II Rank.
Division of seats among the optionals:
The total number of seats in B.Ed course in an Institute of Advanced Study in Education is divided as specified below.
- Mathematics - 20%
- Physics - 10%
- Chemistry - 10%
- Botany - 10%
- Zoology - 10%
- English - 5%
- Tamil - 5%
- Geography - 5%
- History - 5%
- Economics - 5%
- Commerce - 5%
- Computer science and Home Science
List of B.Ed Colleges in Tamil Nadu which accepts Common Entrance Test:
You can find the list of colleges from http://www.tnteu.in/college.asp
Duration of B.Ed Course: The Colleges offers One Year Secondary Teacher Education Programme known as B.Ed.
Fee for B.Ed Course: Fee for the various courses in Government/Aided colleges will be as fixed / approved by the Government, from time to time. The details of fee structure for the various courses will be published before the commencement of option registration.
Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University
Lady Willingdon College Campus,
Kamarajar Salai, Chennai – 600 005.
Tamil Nadu, INDIA.
Phone: +91 – 44 – 28447304, Fax : +91-44-28447303